Monday, January 23, 2006

My 34 week appointment

I just got back from my appointment. Everything is fine. I gained 5 pounds though!! In 2 weeks! Makes up for losing weight and maintaining it the prior month. I'm up 28 pounds right now.

My bp is still good at 124/78.

I told her about the contractions and how I thought I lost my mucus plug. She said that Just because I lost my mucus plug, doesn't mean that I'm going to go into labor anytime soon. I already knew that though. She was a little concerned about the contractions though. She said that if I start having a lot of them again to drink a lot of water and lay down and if they don't go away or slow down within an hour to call. I told her that's what I did and it took about 1.5 hours but they finally went away. She said she didn't want to check me because I had already had contractions this morning and she said that it could cause me to have even more. She said they will check me at my next appointment.

I also asked about being induced and since it wasn't my regular doctor, she wanted me to talk to my regular doctor about it when I go back in 2 weeks. She thinks they will probably induce me but probably not until 39 weeks unless I'm starting to progress before then.

No comments: